Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Make Your Own Pizza...at Carrabba's!


Who needs cheese anymore? I definitely don't miss it! I know, I used to be a cheeseaholic and couldn't imagine life without it. Now, not only does food taste better without the overwhelming nature of dairy, I don't fall into food comas either.

One of my favorite things to eat at a place with limited vegan fare is to order a thin crust pizza with toppings of my choice. The Cheesecake Factory makes an excellent pizza crust and will saute the veggies before it heads to the oven. Gianfranco Pizza Rustica (Old City, Center City, South Philly) also makes a fantastic crust with eggplant, broccoli rabe, portobella and tomato all sans cheese (whatever you want and the small is huge). I don't do fake cheese either. Why bother when a roasted veggie pizza is so good?

Tonight my non-vegan partner and I headed to Carrabba's. He loves their calamari, mussels... and I appreciate they'll make me whatever I want! I've asked for sauteed vegetables which are done deliciously with garlic and olive oil, but my favorite is their thin crust pizza. The dough has the perfect bite and flavor. See for yourself. The pizza I devoured has sauteed spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and grilled smoked eggplant with a touch of sauce. Yippy kaye!

No comments: