Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yummy in My Tummy at POD



After a sweat-soaking butt-kicking workout with Juliet (Fusion Trainer Extraordinaire), my friend AC and I headed to POD in University City for some healthy, but oh-so-good grub.

The lighting in the place was extra horrible for photos, but managed one shot of the lettuce wraps...

I love the Lettuce Wrap with Tofu. They use delicate butter lettuce to complement the nicely diced tofu. I ask the tofu to be prepared with "less salt" otherwise the regular dose bloats me up the next 24 hours. I also ordered the mushroom fried rice with brown rice and without egg. I should've asked for this with less salt too, it was a tad too much. Note to restaurants: we as a country don't need any more sodium! The fried rice comes with mushroom tempura, but since the batter has eggs, they graciously put the tempura on the side for AC to enjoy.

AC had the miso soup which is always a winner and their lightly battered calamari salad.

Another great workout, another yummy meal. If you're ever in Philly, give Pod a try.

No comments: