Monday, October 19, 2009

Even Better Korean



After relying on Beowan as my usual Korean fix for years, I recently discovered Myung Ga Korean. This place is also in Cherry Hill (NJ) except this place knows how to please picky eaters with multiple restrictions. Low carb? Check. Vegan? No problem. Jain? Sure!

I tried the same dishes I order at every Korean place: tofu soon dobu (tofu stew) and dolsot bibimbap (stone rice bowl). I've tried every Korean dish that can be made vegan and these are my favorites. The dolsot bibimbap was generous with vegetables and had lightly seared cubes of tofu over multi-grain rice. It was heaven. I love purple rice and wished it was more available. The tofu soon dobu was also solid, but I prefer the kimchi over the mushroom tofu stew because of the added flavor. Next time, I'm not ordering two entrees. The dolsot will be plenty- plenty satisfying that is!

What I love most about Myung Ga is that your dietary requests are understood. No dirty looks here. The staff is incredibly hospitable and eager to please.

My non-vegan boyfriend ordrered this massive calamari udon dish that was in a platter the size of a pizza for $16. The prices here are reasonable and the food very plentiful.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I live in NJ, but Cherry Hill is pretty far south from me! :) Oh well! Maybe I will take the trip one day because this looked great!

Pure Sweets said...

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for reading! Not sure if this place is worth the trouble if you're not in the area. Really good Korean is hard to find and this just happens to be better than all the bad options. If you're in the area for other reasons, this is then worth the trip!

-Andrea