Monday, November 30, 2009

AKASHA- Culver City




Akasha is our last stop before jumping on the red-eye to Philly. Erik recommended this place as high-grade organic cuisine. Indeed, what you're seeing were the best sweet potato fries I've ever tried. Perfectly crisp, sweet, and salted. I'm just a bit bummed I picked the wrong item on the menu. The Thai curry noodle tasted nothing like a curry and the tofu was a bit pungent. It was originally listed with salmon and I asked them to veganize it. My mistake. The noodles were very bland, and I learned since salmon is very strong and it's often served with something very light.

The others in our party loved their dinners: the organic turkey burger and market vegetable stack. I wish we weren't in such a mad dash to the airport because they also offered a few vegan desserts. Next time...

I miss you already L.A.!

No comments: