Monday, November 30, 2009

Taco Loco- Laguna Beach



My favorite Mexican food joint of all time is...<drum roll>...Taco Loco! Laguna Beach has plenty of vegetarian options, but hangs you dry when you're vegan. Taco Loco saves the day with their scrumptious blackened tofu and mushroom tacos, burgers, and salads. (They offer lots of fresh seafood as well.)

For $2.50, I ordered a blackened portabella soft taco with blue corn tortilla, a heaping mound of fresh guacamole and spicy sauce. I don't know how they make it, but it's cheap and good.

The salad you see is a half-order at $5.50. Over a bed of tortilla chips are layers of crispy romaine and blackened cubes of grilled tofu and mushroom. Again, topped with generous amounts of gauc and spicy sauce.

Fresh, light, healthy and fills my tummy.
I could eat this stuff every day and never get bored.

No comments: