Monday, November 30, 2009

Ice Pan- West Hollywood




Our lovely new friend, Betty, recommended Ice Pan as a must-try for healthy, guilt-free ice cream. Since ice cream is my favorite food group, I had to see this for myself.

You choose your milk of choice: whole, low-fat, skim or soy. (I hope they add nut and coconut milks soon.) They use a fruit sweetener and all toppings are either fresh fruit or unsweetened additions. Not a bad concept! The most surprising part is that the soy ice cream tasted creamy. You couldn't tell it was made with soy. I felt a cold brewing which made me in the mood for green tea with lychee. It was indeed very light and not too sweet. My friend Ashley tried hers with low-fat milk and found the consistency to be icey and anything but smooth. She wished she ordered it with whole milk or soy instead. The portion was huge for a size small! I completely forgot to capture a photo of the finished product...oops.

Check out their website to see more pics. Next time, I would like to try the pistachio or red bean.


No comments: